Friday, June 15, 2018

Last Day of Island Paradise (Day 53)

Tonight will be our last night here at Big Rock Cabana on the island of Utila. Our Island Paradise experiment was very worthwhile. 50+ days to compare the dream to reality, and there were a great many surprises. I won’t reiterate all the things we have experienced and learned, but encourage you to read all the posts; Suffice it to say that we do not regret our time here, and we look forward to returning, if possible, for a much longer time.

Tomorrow a boat will pick us up at 6am and take us to town where we will take a tuk tuk to the small municipal airport for our short trip on a little plane to San Pedro Sula. From there we will fly via United Airlines to Houston, and then to Guadalajara where we will take a taxi to Ajijic on Lake Chapala. It will be a long day, and I will be going back to writing only once a week blog posts, so you may not hear from me for a few days. I do hope these past 52 days have been fun to read about, and I hope those of you who only recently began following will continue to do so as we will weekly update you on the ongoing adventures of our two star retirement. Remember, life is short, take out the pink towels. Choose the life you want and live it!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to mgo ss your daily blogs, I look forward to them and check daily to see what insights you have to share!

    ReplyDelete

Hanging On

Since arriving in Uluwatu I have had the privilege of meeting a couple of very nice ladies: Taryn from California, and Mette from Denmark. I...