Thursday, June 7, 2018

Island Paradise Day 45

I was going to write a poem tonight...I was thinking a limerick...BUT, instead I am off to bed early after an exhausting day in La Ceiba. My tooth is fine - no infection, but she said I must continue to only eat on one side for the next 10 days. I think my face is already crooked.

The ferry ride home was eventful as the waves were high and even on the second floor I was getting soaked by sea spray. I could barely keep my seat as the ferry rocked back and forth. Tonight the wind is the strongest it has been since we arrived, and I will be surprised if a tree does not topple tonight. I sure hope it is not the tree over my bedroom...

Stephane and I are performing at the Mango Inn Bar and Grill tomorrow night. We have missed performing a lot since we left Oliver, so it will be nice. We have been practicing all week, but we both feel a bit of a cold coming on, so I will cross my fingers, take the vitamin C Susan gave me, and go to bed now.


1 comment:

  1. Wishing you well in recovery Corrie. When Christina, the girls and I lived aboard our yacht / sailing catamaran in the Bahamas for a year in 2010 - 2011, we had named our vessel “Mango Groove”. Being a South African built catamaran we agreed it was fitting to weave in a Caribbean and tropical flavour to the vessel’s name while recognizing a popular band of the same name - “Mango Groove”. So, it caught my eye when you shared that you will be playing at the “Mango” Inn Bar & Grill.😊😉 Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Hanging On

Since arriving in Uluwatu I have had the privilege of meeting a couple of very nice ladies: Taryn from California, and Mette from Denmark. I...