Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Sabado! - Stephane

It is not Saturday, it's actually Tuesday, I think... who cares...

We have been here in Puerto Vallarta since Sunday, at one of my favorite little resorts. It's not really a resort, more like a small condo complex. We have been here several times before - it's got a homey feel and is not pretentious or fancy, but it's pretty, clean, well run, and is in a nice part of PV with great views and it's a quick bus ride to downtown. Though it's a bitch of a walk home from the bus stop back up the hill in the heat of the day ( I won't digress into writing about my sweating issue).

Yesterday, while walking around town looking for a kitchen articles store (I miss my coffee machine) we walked by a bar called “The Salty Caesar.” We figured it was owned by Canadians, so we stopped for a chat.

There we met the John and Karen from Alberta. They weren't open yet for the season but they took time to chat with us and offered us each a drink on the house. Nice folks. They will have karaoke nights and they may do open mic nights too so we will definitely go back and check it out. John said they have been coming to PV for 30 years so they are good people to get to know.

I thought it interesting that they have been coming here for so long, they own a business here, yet they have never bought a home here. They still rent. John said, " you can buy anything you want here in PV if you have the money, you just can't sell it! "

Corrie and I have often talked about buying here, (or anywhere we spend time in the warm sunny South), so we will probably get out one day soon with a realtor and check out some real estate - you never know when a great opportunity might arise. I am open to anything. Since we have experience running a bed and breakfast back home in Oliver, we could do that here too if the right property came up. It would be kind of nice to pack up a car and have a place to drive to every year – and especially nice to have our own stuff here….like a milk frother and a decent vegetable peeler - and not have to travel by plane with 200 lbs of luggage like we did this time. Normally we travel very light, with just a carry-on bag. In fact, I have often scoffed at people with 6 suitcases on a buggy at the airline check in counter….but since we are here 6 months, Corrie insisted on bringing along 1 small carry-on of clothes and 2 HUGE suitcases of cooking gear! And since we plan on making music while we are here – I insisted on bring my guitar.

I guess I will be more understanding from now on. And NO, United did NOT break my guitar!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging On

Since arriving in Uluwatu I have had the privilege of meeting a couple of very nice ladies: Taryn from California, and Mette from Denmark. I...